Katsuyuki (Ken) Taguchi, Ph.D.
Ph.D., Information Science and Electrical Engineering, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Division of Medical Imaging Physics
Research Areas of Interest
Motion-compensated, low-dose CT imaging of deforming objects (cardiac, lung, etc.)
Energy-resolved, photon counting clinical CT imaging
Image-guided, quantitative C-arm CT for interventional tumor oncology
Honors and Awards
2008 IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society
2008 Young Investigator Medical Imaging Science Award
1998 Global Research Fellow, Toshiba Corporation
1. Obikawa T, Taguchi K, Sasahara H, Shirakashi T, and Usui E, “Finite element analysis on discontinuous chip formation,” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 59, No. 5, May 1993, pp. 821-826.
2. Taguchi K and Aradate H, “Algorithm for image reconstruction in multi-slice helical CT,” Medical Physics, Vol. 25, No. 4, April 1998, pp. 550-561. Cited by 252 times.
3. Taguchi K and Anno H, “High temporal resolution for multi-slice helical computed tomography,” Medical Physics, Vol. 27, No. 5, May 2000, pp. 861-872. Cited by 113 times.
4. Taguchi K, Miyashita S, and Ogawa Y, “New image reconstruction algorithm for increasing spatial resolution in trans-axial plane with helical CT: Principles and physical characteristics,” Journal Medical Imaging Technology, Vol. 19, No. 3, May 2001, pp. 175-186. Cited by once.
5. Taguchi K, Zeng GL, and Gullberg GT, “Cone-beam image reconstruction using spherical harmonics,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, Vol. 46, No. 6, June 2001, pp. N127-N138. Cited by 6 times.
6. Taguchi K, “Temporal resolution and the evaluation of candidate algorithms for four-dimensional CT,” Medical Physics, Vol. 30, No. 4, April 2003, pp. 640-650. Cited by 50 times.
7. Mori I, Kazama M, Igarashi N, and Taguchi K, “Method for suppressing alias artifacts in R/R-type CT,” Journal Medical Imaging Technology, Vol. 21, No. 4, September 2003, pp. 254-264. Cited by once.
8. Hein IA, Taguchi K, Silver MD, Kazama M, and Mori I, “Cone-beam reconstruction algorithm for gantry-tilted helical multislice CT,” Medical Physics, Vol. 30, No. 12, December 2003, pp. 3233-3242. Cited by 26 times.
9. Taguchi K, Chiang BS, and Silver MD, “A new weighting scheme for cone-beam helical CT to reduce the image noise,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, Vol. 49, June 7, 2004, pp. 2351-2364. Cited by 20 times.
10. Taguchi K, Aradate H, Saito Y, Zmora I, Han KS, Silver MD, “The cause of the artifact in 4-slice helical CT,” Medical Physics, Vol. 31, July 2004, pp. 2033-2037. Cited by 8 times.
11. Zamyatin AA#, Taguchi K, and Silver MD, “Helical cone beam reconstruction with asymmetrically truncated detector,” Medical Physics, Vol. 32, October 2005, pp. 3117-3127. Cited by 5 times.
12. Taguchi K, Chiang BS, and Hein IA, “Direct cone-beam cardiac reconstruction algorithm with a cardiac banding artifact correction,” Medical Physics, Vol. 33, February 2006, pp. 521-539. Cited by 8 times.
13. Zamyatin AA#, Taguchi K, and Silver MD, “Practical hybrid convolution algorithm for CT reconstruction,” IEEE Trans. Nuclear Science, Vol. 53, February 2006, pp. 167-174. Cited by 8 times.
14. Katsevich A, Taguchi K, and Zamyatin AA, “Formulation of four Katsevich algorithms in native geometry,” IEEE Trans. Medical Imaging, Vol. 25, July 2006, pp. 855-868.
15. Taguchi K and Kudo H, “Motion compensated fan-beam reconstruction for non-rigid transformation,” IEEE Trans. Medical Imaging, Vol. 27, July 2008, pp. 907-917.
16. Funama Y, Awai K, Taguchi K, Hatemura M, Yanaga Y, Shimamura M, and Yamashita Y, “Cone-beam technique for 64-MDCT of lung: Image quality comparison with stepwise (step-and-shoot) technique,” American Journal of Roentgenology, Vol. 192, January 2009, pp. 273-278.
17. Taguchi K, Funama Y, Zhang M, Fishman EK, and Geschwind JFH, “Quantitative measurement of iodine concentration in the liver using abdominal C-arm computed tomography,” Academic Radiology, Vol. 16, February 2009, pp. 200-208.
18. Funama Y, Taguchi K, Awai K, Sakabe D, Shimamura M, Yamashita Y, “Image noise and radiation dose using an automatic tube current modulation technique at 64-detector CT: Effect of the object off-center position, the bowtie filter type, and scan projection radiograph,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, Vol. 33, May/June 2009, (in printing).
601 N. Caroline Street
Baltimore, MD 21287